Theory of Change
Connect with Initiate Equity
- Evaluating an organization’s readiness and viability to embark upon equity work.
- Assembling a task force to develop recommendations to address discrepancies between the organization’s equity goals (including strategies) and current outcomes.
- Supporting the development of a statement that serves as a vision of excellence to anchor the organization’s strategic priorities in racial equity.
- Creating short-, mid- and long-term qualitative and quantitative goals and key indicators of success to monitor progress.
Stage 2: Capacity Building
Strategic thought partnership to support CEOs, Chief Diversity Officers (CDO), and designated team members leading the organization’s racial equity work.
- Coaching leaders to integrate and implement high impact, researched based actions that support racial equity goals and impacts.
- Integrating racial equity goals and strategies into organizational plans to foster vertical and horizontal alignment across teams and departments.
- Aligning talent development materials including manager trainings, professional development workshops and performance evaluation methods with the organization’s racial equity goals.
Anti-racist and inclusive leader training and development support for managers and senior leaders.
- Coaching managers and leaders to develop institutional policies and practices that interrupt racialized outcomes.
- Supporting managers and leaders to identify domains of strength and development that contribute to equity within and across teams.
- Facilitating learning experiences and workshops to support leaders and teams to proactively support racial equity.
- Deepening a leader’s understanding of the historical and current role racism, xenophobia and social marginalization plays in maintaining unequal opportunities and outcomes.
Stage 3: Monitoring Sustainability
- Monitoring the effectiveness of specific initiatives to evaluate the effectiveness of racial equity strategies.
- Anticipating and addressing unintended consequences that can contribute to inequitable practices and outcomes.
- Supporting the sustainability of equity goals over time by implementing the proper mechanisms to ensure the success of initiatives and goals.